So just what is a webinar? Up to a few years ago and even today, it is a word that still shows up as incorrect in some 5 Reasons You Should Be Using Webinars. spell checkers. I suspect this will soon change as webinars have been one of the most popular tools small businesses use.
Here are just 5 reasons to use webinars:
- List Building When you host free webinars either for yourself or someone else, you have the opportunity to collect new email addresses to add to your list. All online business owners know that their mailinglist is one of your most valuable asset. If you grow your list and get your products and services in front of more people that are connected to you, the more likely you are to sell more and make more.
- Brand Awareness Whether your are the host or a guest presenter on a webinar, you have the opportunity to put your brand in front of people, some already familiar with your brand and some new to your brand. It is also a great way to introduce new elements of your business since you have their undivided attention when they watch.
- Expand Audience A webinar is a great way to reach new audiences, especially if you are presenting as a guest to someone else's list! Even if you are hosting the webinar, providing an incentive for others to share the info can put you in front of people who you may have no previous connection with.
- Mastering Your Craft With each webinar you host or make a presentation on, you are practicing your craft and will get better and better at it. Be sure to capture it in a recording which you can review after and see where you can improve. The more you do webinars, sharing your information and connecting with people will become easier and people will begin to see you as an expert in your field.
- Increase Sales. All of us are in business to make money and more and more, businesses are raking in the dough through the use of webinars. That's because most well done webinars have a very long shelf life and can be promoted almost endlessly. Think about this when creating content for your webinar and be sure you include a great offer and
So, what kinds of webinars can you host? Here are just a few ideas:
- product demos (software, tools, cooking etc)
- expert interview (someone in your niche/industry would would appeal to your audience)
- recorded live event (when you host a live event record it and offer it as a webinar)
- skill demos (how to perhaps the most popular form of webinars)
There are many tools and platforms available for hosting webinars. One of my favorites it Webinar Fusion Pro, which is truly a complete platform and the price tag is quite affordable. I also like Easy Webinar and although it's a little on the pricey side, it is really easy to use and has a lot of great features!