Do you consider yourself a writer? It's interesting that as a serious blogger you must create unique, interesting, and informative blog content, so it would be a natural assumption to think that serious bloggers consider themselves writers.
But that's not actually the case. There are many bloggers who would never look at themselves as actual writers. Some simply blog for fun and friendship and have a laid back style of blogging and others maintain a helpful frequently updated blog of tips, tutorials, and go-to material. But the thought of actually being a writer is really not their thing.
Many bloggers would not consider writing their own report, eBook, Kindle book, or story of any kind as an actual author. Their style is simply for blogging and they have no ambitions of writer glory.
On the other hand, the writer who blogs has ideas aplenty for someday finishing their lengthy listing of potential books. Personally I consider myself a writer with a blog as I enjoy writing on a number of topics. I'll even write for you. Blogs and niche sites simply provide me with a means of generating pocket change for supporting my IM habit, uh online marketing business I mean.
So for those reading who also consider themselves writers whether published or not, I wish to share my List of 10 Motivational Quotes by Writers.
Top 10 Motivational Quotes for Writers by Writers
- "When asked, 'How do you write?' I invariably answer, 'One word at a time,' and the answer is invariably dismissed. But that is all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see [it] from space without a telescope." ~ Stephen King
- "The faster I write, the better my output. If I'm going slow, I'm in trouble. It means I'm pushing the words instead of being pulled by them." ~ Raymond Chandler
- "It is by sitting down to write every morning that one becomes a writer." ~ Gerald Brenan
- "Write while the heat is in you. The writer who postpones the recording of his thoughts uses an iron which has cooled to burn a hole with. He cannot inflame the minds of his audience." ~ Henry David Thoreau
- "You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write." ~ Saul Bellow
- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads." ~ Dr. Seuss
- "I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter." ~ James Michener
- "I think I did pretty well, considering I started out with nothing but a bunch of blank paper." ~ Steve Martin
- "Easy reading is damn hard writing." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "Write with the door closed, rewrite with the door open." ~ Stephen King
Even if you do not consider yourself a writer today, who knows maybe your blogging will ignite your creative juices and one day we will read your published prose.